Additional Fees

My husband brought our 3 year old daughter into the MinuteClinic yesterday afternoon and was told she was just congested and told him to buy a decongestant.We knew she had an ear infection going into the appointment, she had severe pain in her ears, headache, a fever, she couldn't eat because of the pain.

The nurse told my husband, she didn't have a fever nor an ear infection, it was not red.

We ended up at the Apple Valley Medical Center Urgent Care a few hours later and were prescribed 10 days worth of antibiotics for a bad double ear infection.I will not go to MinuteClinic again, yes it's convenient but I don't believe you get good care.

Comments

The incompetent provider did the same to me!I had a cold and all I needed was a quick prescription for a Z Pack.

I know my body and knew I needed this or my virus would get much worse. Well they refused me!! And still made me pay even though they did NOTHING!? I think it’s all a ploy so they can increase sales of over the counter junk from the store.!

I had to go to 3 other places before finding one that would give me a ZPack.Totally ridiculous not to mention expensive!

Not all ear infections are caused by bacteria and require antibiotics. The fact that you immediately went somewhere else drug-seeking means you must not have listened to the provider at all. By then again you “knew going in” exactly what was wrong with your tot and were after a specific treatment, no matter if it is appropriate or not.

to Anonymous #1449763

I understand ear infections are very different from one another.I've dealt with ear infections myself and with my older son, so I'm very familiar with them.

I didn't immediately go to another doctor, we waited 4-5 hours before going to urgent care because she was in so much pain. I wasn't looking for a specific treatment, I was looking for answers as to why she was in pain, fever, and refused to eat. They tested her for strep even before looking in her ears. The minute clinic stated her ear drums were not red nor did she have a fever, which she had both at the time of the visit.

She actually had a pretty severe ear infection in her left ear.Thank you for your input though.

to Anonymous #1449969

And you just *knew* this was a bacterial infection versus a viral or fungal infection because ...?? Oh, because you're "familiar" with ear infections and you finally lucked out and found a place that would prescribe what you wanted (versus what was medically indicated). Nice story!