I recently received a statement for an appointment that occurred for a physical and a flu shot for my daughter.The one and only statement was 5 months past my daughters visit to a minute clinic.

I checked with my insurance company and was told I needed to pay for a copay visit of $30.00 for a flu shot that she got at the same visit. (My insurance covers flu shots). I thought I had already paid for a copay since I was charged $59.00 for a sports physical and paid $49.00 out of pocket. My insurance told me that I was not billed for the physical and minute clinic said they would not bill my insurance since it was a cash payment visit.

I was mislead by minute clinic by not knowing what a cash payment visit meant. I assumed it was that it just meant that all of the payment was due up front before my insurance would be filed since sports physicals I have received elsewhere were billed as an office visit to my insurance. Minute clinic explained that a sports physical is NOT considered an office visit so I must pay the bill. Minute clinic also argued that the $30.00 that my insurance said was a copay was not a copay but a deductible to my insurance which it was not.

Minute clinic is price gauging and engaging in deceptive practices.

I would advise anyone to NOT go to a minute clinic as you may end up with surprise and wrongful billings that could occur up to 5 months after the appointment.Please be aware that minute clinic may refuse to bill your insurance for routine visits and then charge you again because they mislead you by calling them cash payment visits.

Review about: Minute Clinic Medical Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Minute Clinic?

Comments

Durham, North Carolina, United States #1284977

"I was mislead by minute clinic by not knowing what a cash payment visit meant." Uuhhh, it means you pay cash for your visit.Insurance does not pay for sports physicals, as much as you would like us to believe otherwise so you can try to avoid paying your bill.

They made it clear that you were required to pay cash for the service you requested. If you "didn't know what that meant" it was your responsibility to ASK - not accuse the company of taking advantage of you later. And no, the $59 was not your copay - it was the cost of the sports physical.

Cash-pay visits do not have copays.Wow, just wow ...