I took my son in for a sports physical, which I had done before. You are required to pay up front, which I did.

While in the office, the nurse performs the exam, and notices an ear infection, for which she writes a prescription. I later received a bill for the sports physical, and was confused because I had paid and had the receipt. I called and was told it was an error but I would be billed for the ear infection. I inquired about that and was told that the diagnosis translated to an appointment.

I asked how this could be as it was during the original appointment and no additional time was taken.

The customer service representative just said it was policy and I was indeed billed, at a rate slightly higher than if I had taken my son to his actual doctor. While I was grateful for the discovery of the ear infection, I no longer trust CVS's billing practices and will just go elsewhere.

Review about: Minute Clinic Sports Physical Medical Examination.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

you anonymous people must work for MC just saying

to Anonymous #1424436

.... looks like you’re “Anonymous” yourself. Just sayin!

Lol! Everyone knows that physicals and sick visits are always billed separately, sounds like you’re just trying to get out of paying for your kid’s health expenses.

Why don’t people read? Everyone wants to blame MC for charges incurred during a visit when it’s the PATIENT’S responsibility to be aware of what they will be charged!