1.8

Was seen on two separate occasions and had simple in clinic labs done.They billed me for the labs and then sent the labs out for "additional" testing which I was then billed again for.

My insurance company will not pay the bill two times and now I am stuck with a second bill for the same visits.They would not call me back to discuss then when I called again they told me it is in fact a "legitimate" charge and I have to pay it.

Review about: Minute Clinic Strep Throat Test Procedure.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Minute Clinic?

Comments

You were NOT "double billed." You were billed by MinuteClinic for a rapid step test, and when that came back negative and you complained about not getting antibiotics, a confirmatory Strep A culture was sent to an outside lab, which billed you separately for the service.Two completely different tests, two separate charges.

It is your responsibility to know what your insurance will and will not pay for before you go to the doctor.

You agreed to the terms of payment when you signed your name on the kiosk.Now pay your bill and move on..,

Asheets
to Anonymous #1333131

Wow I never complained about not getting meds I never requested further testing. I was perfectly happy with the results I got the day I was there. There should not be any assumptions made here.

to Asheets #1333287

What a crock! You were indeed not perfectly fine when being told you were not going to be given any antibiotics and in fact started complaining about having to pay at all, even muttering under your breath "well I'll just go see a REAL doctor then." Why don't you go back and READ the paperwork they provided you at checkout, it provides detailed information of the two tests. I can't fathom how anyone can jab a second/different type of swab down your throats without your knowledge or consent!