I went to the Minute Clinic with severe congestion, fluid in my ears, sore throat and 99.8 fever. It took all the strength I had to get out of bed and drive there.

While examing me the doctor also said I had a lot of fluid in my ears. She told me it was a bacterial infection and to take mucinex. If I wasn't better in 5 to 7 days to return and she'd look into prescribing me an antibiotic. The papers I left with even read "acute upper respiratory infection, fever - unspecified fever cause, cough, acute pharyngitis".

I asked if she'd at least prescribe something for the fluid in my ears and she said no. By the time I returned home my fever was 101.6. I ended up having to make an appt with my family doctor who worked me in her schedule that afternoon who could not believe they sent me home with no antibiotic. My family doctor prescribed me zithromax for the bacterial infection and within less than 24 hours my fever was gone and I felt miraculously better.

I cannot believe I spent $30 for a doctor to tell me to take mucinex and if I wasn't better in 5 to 7 days to return. There was absolutely no medical treatment whatsoever in my visit to the Minute Clinic!

Product or Service Mentioned: Minute Clinic Medical Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Minute Clinic Pros: Ease of making the appointment, Medical treatment.

Comments

Nothing about your symptoms indicates a bacterial infection. No healthcare provider would ever tell you that’s what you had based on your description.

You had a classic case of nasopharyngitis. You do NOT need antibiotics.

Take the Mucinex and keep your mouth shut. Doctor shopping and antibiotic seeking will not benefit you.

@Anonymous

You're full of bull! I ended up at the emergency room 2 days later with 102 fever.

ER told me I was on the *** of pneumonia, gave me antibiotic and were very surprised Minute Clinic did nothing! So keep your mouth shut about things you know nothing about!

Maila
@Anonymous

This must be the nurse that treated me. BEWARE. You will not get appropriate care here

You seem to have selective listening disorder as that was indeed NOT what was told to you. Admit it, you went there seeking an antibiotic and were upset when you did not get one.

I understand that and I am continuing to take mucinex, but she said I had a bacterial infection which should be treated with antibiotics.

The Mucinex was for the fluid in your ears you numbskull! It would help if you listen next time.

Leslie L
@Anonymous

I listened, but you didn't read the part where she told me it was a "bacterial" infection.

Minute Clinic Reviews