I visited the cvs minute clinic at 620 S cleveland ave, westerville, oh on 4/14/21. I stated I needed an administrative physical and two immunizations.

I was told no problem and charged $89 for the physical. I discussed with the nurse that the immunizations would be covered by insurance. I had the physical and the immunizations. I was then auto charged 53.65 on 4/28 for a balance due.

I waited for my eob to arrive and saw that CVS charged $99 for an office visit to my insurance. But I paid for the visit at the time of service. When I called the billing dept. I was told that the $99 office charge was for the immunizations and because they took my vitals.

I asked what exactly was involved in a physical. The rep "wasn't sure". Never did a cvs employee explain to me that there would be a separate $99 charge for the office visit. I feel taken advantage of.

I feel this is underhanded. I feel I should be refunded the $89 I paid for a visit or the $53.65 I paid for the allowable amount of the amount charged to my insurance co.D

User's recommendation: do NOT fall for their underhanded way of gouging the consumer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Minute Clinic Wellness And Physicals Medical Examination.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Minute Clinic Cons: Double charges for services, Does not explain that there will be extra charges, Keeps your cc info on file so they can charge what they want, Customer service and billing, Rude practioner.

Comments